Situated between Two Bridges and Postbridge ‘The Cherrybrook’ has stood at the centre of the High Moor for over 200 years. Set in 3 acres of wildlife-friendly meadows, it enjoys an outstanding, peaceful location with extensive views over the moors and the West Dart River valley.
‘Walkers; cyclists; motorcyclists and horse riders are all welcome. Fly fishermen will find The Cherrybrook especially convenient – the stream of the same name lies just a 20 minute walk away to the South-East, as does the West Dart river to the North.’
The main central part of this former farmhouse contains four spacious, comfortable bedrooms and the guest dining room. Through the dining room what was the original cow byre now provides a very characterful space for the very cosy ‘One Bar’s Rest’, where you can relax with a drink. All bedrooms, equipped with modern en-suite shower-rooms with heated towel rails, have retained their original charm.
Water comes from a natural spring and, once filtered, is available throughout the house for drinking and bathing; it has no additives and is as pure as nature intended.
Free WiFi Internet access is available throughout The Cherrybrook.
Secure overnight parking for bicycles and motorbikes is available. For motorists there is plenty of carparking space on site.
Evening meals and packed lunches are available by prior request.
The Cherrybrook is a small family run guest house with 7 en-suite bedrooms located in the heart of the Dartmoor National Park. It is a two storey building with all bedrooms located on the first floor.
• You can contact us either by telephone (01822 880260) or email (email@example.com)
• Nearest train stations: Plymouth (19 miles) or Newton Abbot (21 miles)
• Nearest regular bus service: Princetown (3 miles)
• Nearest town: Princetown (3 miles)
• Taxis: Available by prior booking in Princetown (Finch's Taxis - 01822 890224) or at any time in Plymouth.
• There are 2 steep steps into the porch with a handrail available on the left hand side
• 1 further small step from the porch into the entrance hall
• Good lighting is provided inside and outside the porch and within the entrance hall
• Porch door opens inwards, front door opens outwards and both are of standard width.
• No lifts or escalators are available
• All bedrooms are on the first floor, bar/lounge and dining room are on the ground floor
• The entrance hall and dining room have wooden parquet floors and the bar/lounge a slate floor
• There is a small step between entrance hall and lounge
• There are 2 steep steps (down) with a small grab handle, between dining room and bar/lounge
• There are 2 steep steps (down) with handrail, between dining room and rear lobby for access to the rear staircase.
• Parking is available either immediately outside the front or back doors
• There are no spaces designated for disabled use but this can be arranged with prior notice
• Assistance is available from car park to room if required
• A drop off point is available immediately outside the front or back doors
• Surfaces are tarmac'ed with no kerbs, or speed humps, etc.
• Contact number is displayed at entrance to driveway
• The door bell is positioned inside the front porch
• The car park is immediately outside the entrance and is level and flat
• There are 2 steep steps into the porch with a handrail available on the left hand side.
• No lifts or escalators are available
• All bedrooms are on the first floor, lounge and dining room are on the ground floor
• All bedrooms and hallways are carpeted
• Entrance hall and dining room have wooden parquet floors and the bar/lounge a slate floor
• Main staircase (to 4 bedrooms) has 15 stairs, 90cm wide, 25cm deep and 18cm high
• Rear staircase (to 3 bedrooms) has 11 stairs, 70cm wide, 24cm deep and 20cm high
• Corridors are short with adequate width and lighting.
• Gardens are mainly lawns and meadows with flower beds
• Garden is almost totally flat with a small incline towards the house
• There is a stream running through the garden which is not fenced off
• There are two small bridges over the streams with hand rails
• There are areas which can be wet and boggy in bad weather.
• Full fire detection and alarm system throughout the property
• Escape routes are easy and fire exits are signed with emergency lighting
• Disabled guests will be notified individually of any emergencies arising